Wednesday, January 27, 2010

[ITALY] News of Film Woes

From: James Morrison
Sent: Mon 5/29/06 5:07 AM
To: Tara Stromberg
Subject: miss you, miss you‏

Tara,

I just read your message. So clever that ending. I am out of it. I am sorry I haven't written you this weekend. I promise it's only because I have been busy fighting off death, which I swear has been trying to get me since the start
of this.

There's a lot to tell you that I can't really explain here, I'm sure it's the same way with you in Italy. For one, I basically had my movie sabotaged. I was working with this one girl who came on as the third and final producer. We went to scout locations on Friday, the further inland we went, the better it got. Great vast deserts. We found a great old ghost town where it's fucking weird & beautiful & we were all set on it. Then, Ian and I stayed to watch the sun set (it was pretty romantic yes, but don't be jealous because we had to figure out where the light was gonna be)



Scene from the film, in the desert.

I sent the other producers back to Ventura and told them I'd meet with them late when Ian and I got back. So, we drive the three hours back through the desert & I have sand in my hair & all over me & look pretty crazy because the wind blows like a bastard out there.

anyways, I get back for this meeting. Keep in mind that the producers were all happy when we were at the location. When I came into this meeting they had this 'you're in trouble' look. This girl (who is an idiot) goes off about how we have to have insurance for every fucking place we walk & how we need to wait & raise money & do it later again sometime...

I sat real quietly for a while and listened to everyone bitch about how hard it was gonna be. Then, I broke into this really long monologue. I don't know how really. I was so fucking tired, but I think it was pretty good. I just told them that I wasn't leaving till I finished it & I was making it now. So, that was all dramatic for a little & I got this one guy Jason who is producing with another guy. Jason is great, abut there is seriously so much work to do on this it's insane. I'm doing the brunt of it because nobody else can ever seem to do enough. I know that sounds mean like I'm being an asshole & I'll admit I kind of am being an asshole. This part is no fun. (I am so tired of rambling about this. There's no way to explain what's going on with it, because I don't even know. I'll try to keep it simple hereout)

You're going to laugh but I am sick again. I think I'm better, maybe,but I deffinately had a fever when I went to casting. Right now it's2AM and I am sitting in a folding chair in a really nice house. Ian is asleep on a bing bag. In front of me is a couch & both Danny & Jason (the producers) are asleep. Down the hall Kelly (Ians girlfriend) is acting in a blocking assighnment for some guy. I am waiting for them to finish so we can wake Ian up and go back. Tonight we had a meeting about our schedule. I was mad because I basically made the schedule & it sucked & I wanted them to make it. We have to get up early tomorrow & put up flyers for crew positions at the school. It's really weird being here. It's sort of like coming back to highschool even though I was only here for almost a year.

I am worried about your foot...Yeah, I know about the money problems. I feel really bad because I can't pay for anything.

This computer is dying & I want to get this e-mail off to you tonight. So I hope you are well & you'll hear from me soon. I'll write again tomorrow. Or today seeing how it is ooooo sooo late.

luvin all over yo foot!
james


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete