Wednesday, January 27, 2010

[ITALY] Fool, Boboli Ain't Just a Pizza!

From: James Stromberg
Sent: Friday, May 26, 2006 1:11 pm
To: Tara Stromberg
Subject: Re: you silly goose...

tara,

it's me dad...
remember me.
you got a refund check in the mail from N.Y.U.
by the time you get this e-mail i will have put in your account.
i can't do much money wise. but i can maybe spare one hundred.
sorry it can't be more.....
I LOVE YOU & miss you alot. hope to here from you soon.
have to run to the bank with Lili.
LOVE DAD......

***

To: James Stromberg
Date: ?
From: Tara Stromberg
Subject: Of COURSE i remember my dad ^.^;;

Thank you for putting money in my account. anything will do. i had to eat at mcdonalds today. MCDONALDS!!! in ITALY!!! but it sure was a classy one...how much did i get back from nyu? i can use that for my rutgers bill....since my last email, i haven't done much. went to an old palace/museum and really pretty gardens with my friend Pam. I've been trying hard to find good (and cheap) souvenirs, but its been hard.



i did get my hair cut though. now i look even more like mom. its pretty short. when its dry its above my shoulders. ill have to send pictures. which reminds me, i sent u guys a link to my pictures site with some new ones up. ill be updating it later too. let me know if u get them.


anywho, its already 8:30 pm here, and i have homework to do, and I'm supposed to go to this agricultural festival tomorrow to see dogs and cows. itll be spiffy.

i miss and love you all.

talk to you soon.
tara

***

From: Christine Stromberg
Sent: Monday, May 29, 2006 11:40 am
To: Tara Stromberg
Subject: Re: of COURSE i remember my dad ^.^;;

Tara,

Heaven forbid you look like me(mom). Dad thinks i'm pretty cute, so it can't be all bad. We went to Uncle Tommy and Aunt Terry's party, everyone you sent pictures to said they were beautiful. Aunt Cheryl said; "I didn't get any pictures" So she asked that I give you her email address.

I went to grandmas yesterday she is looking great, while I was there uncle Jerry called, he asked about you and also loved your pictures.

The check you received from NYU was for $500.00, plus dad put on $100.00 plus the $160.00 you gave me at the airport was all deposited into your account.

We love you and miss and hope you have a great time. Don't worry about souvenirs, we only want you to have a great experience, don't waste your money.

i have to run I'll write more later.

Love always

Mom

***

From: Tara Stromberg
Sent: 04:08 PM 5/27/2006
To: Lisa Cesarini
Subject: HELP!!!!

Dear Lisa,

I went to the Palazzo Pitti with Pam and Katy today and saw some great paintings to use for my character sketches on Norman Douglas. I wrote down as much info as I could, but I cannot find them ANYWHERE on the web! And they arent well-known enough to be on any of the souvenirs at the store, so I'm going absolutely crazy!!!

Do you have any advice? I tried looking on the art site you have listed on blackboard as well, but i still had no luck. I dont know what to do! Here they are if you are by any chance familiar with them:


"Nel Bosco con Pecore"/Giovanni Battista
Niccolò Cannicci ("Niccolaf" is what I wrote)
"Nel Bosco"
Elisabeth Chaplin
Fratello Jean Jacques Soldato

I would appreciate any advice you might have....I want to write about one of them soon! For now, I will be looking at some other stuff; tomorrow is the festival, so maybe ill get some more inspiration..

Frazzled,

Tara

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the Boboli gardens. I miss them a lot! They were green in the winter and green in the spring. So big and vast with wonderful places to get lost and a million places to take pictures. Then I would get lost and realize I had to walk all the way up the hill to get out...before I realized I could leave through another exit at the bottom. I'm not that bright. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! They were amazingly vast. It was my first true tourist trip off my crutches. So along with having beautiful foliage, it was also amazing to finally walk freely among them like a normal person could. Twas a good work out for the feet. ^.^

    ReplyDelete