Wednesday, April 7, 2010

[ITALY][Rome][Pompeii] More News from Overseas

From: James Morrison
Sent: Mon 6/12/06 6:08 PM
To: Tara Rose Stromberg
Subject:
where have all the vanilla shakes gone...?‏

I arrived back in Ventura last night. Slept till about noon today & just went and had lunch with Nathan. Once again in this crappy library with the slowest computers in the world!!!

I forgot how soon you are leaving Italy, hope my letter reaches you in time, but if not it will be nice to know there is a paper with my handwriting sitting somewhere in an unopened envelope in Italy.



Still have a few scenes to shoot in Ventura & should be wrapped by the end of this week. Ian is getting surgery on his arm tomorrow (he broke it about a month ago & the bone grew wrong or something) So, everyone is a bit confused as to how we are going to finish, but camera men are a dime a dozen in these parts.

I look like a Mexican. I thought I should tell you this. It's the absolute truth. Standing in the desert for days on end will do this to you. You know how much I like mexicans & how well I do the voice, so this should hopefully work out for me; my new look of Spanish heritage.

How is that ol' foot of yours?


Rome sounds amazing & I'm sure it's beautiful. Did you see Indiana Jones diggin around the ruins? If you didn't maybe you saw a lil chinese kid digging around, and he could stand in for Short Round.

Today is the first day in a week now where we are not shooting anything. I hate it. It's nice to sleep and all, but it's kind of depressing to have to slow back down to real life. Tomorrow and the next day I'll be back at it again, but with Ian's absence I'm not really sure what's gonna happen.


My phone stopped working. I can't remember if I told you that or not. I can receive calls & hear people, but they cannot hear me. Way to go phone! It actually hasn't really worked since I got here. I really don't care. I hate talking on phones anyway, but I fear that some people in NY who I would usually talk to might think that I don't want to talk to them, or something stupid like that.

Try to worry about money only to the extent that you are accomplishing something. If there's nothing you can do- just keep spending and go in dept. It'll be worth it. If you had money & were rich with it you'd probably be an asshole like most the people who are rich are. So, fuck money, it's no good unless you want to spoil yourself & have an easy less interesting life. The only downside is an unwelcomed great amount of peanut butter & jelly, but it could always be worse.

Your pictures looked beautiful. I thought you cut your hair! It does not look cut. I hope I get to see it real short, because that'd be cool.

Have you picked a story to do for your 35 yet? I really like the one about umbrellas, that sounds like a story right up your alley & i'd love to see that one.

Be careful & enjoy them crazy landscapes.

james


***

From: Christine Stromberg
Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2006 3:56 pm
To: Tara Rose Stromberg
Subject: Re: where has my family gone?

Tara, I'm sorry I did not get back to you sooner. It has been CRAZY here. Dad was away with the Legion in Wildwood for four days, I was with the kids and had to do grades, make up final exams, complete the union database account, print a status for the members, prepare for Ceri's graduation and she was sick the day before. Uncle Mike has been back and helped out with the kids, dropping Lili off at school while dad was away; but the most stressful has been that grandma went back into the hospital, she had ruptured spleen(like out of nowhere??)fortunately the bleeding stopped and no surgery was necessary. Grandma is doing well but is not yet rady to go home, so I have been traveling to the hospital as often as I can and emailing was always the last on my list of things to do..

Although you certainly were not last on my list.

Grandma asks about you every time i visit.

I know you are concerned about your account. I went to the bank and got a balance as well as access to the account via the web, which will not be active for a couple of days. Currently , as of yesterday their is 311.00 dollars I will put some money in on Friday and email you with the amount.

I love you lots and we miss yo terribly, but we a re thrilled you are enjoying your time over their.

areviderci for now (Spelling??) help)


mom

No comments:

Post a Comment